Sports medicine specializes in preventing, diagnosing and treating injuries related to participating in sports and/or exercise, specifically the rotation or deformation of joints or muscles caused by engaging in such physical activities.
Hoag Orthopedic Institute’s Sports Medicine Program offers the experience and expertise of skilled physicians and physical therapists specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of athletic injuries and illnesses. Our fellowship-trained sports medicine orthopedic surgeons not only use state-of-the-art surgical techniques to treat injuries of the shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle, but work directly with a number of local athletic events and high schools providing sports medicine services at the sidelines. These organizations currently include:
* World Team Tennis / Newport Breakers
* Toshiba Classic PGA Champions Tour
* Pacific Shores Marathon
* Newport Harbor High School – Newport Beach
* University High School – Irvine
* Corona del Mar High School – Corona del Mar
* Sage Hill High School – Newport Beach
* Vanguard University – Costa Mesa
* Golden West College – Huntington Beach
* Calvary Chapel High School – Santa Ana
* Saint Margaret’s – San Juan Capistrano
Through our comprehensive sports medicine program, the local, recreational athlete receives access to the same caliber and care as world-class athletes.